Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thoughts about Election 2010 *Extra Credit*

  First, I cannot stress enough how important it is for people to vote.  I voted early and I was in and out of the polls within 20 minutes.  I'm extremely busy and I was able to find time to vote.  I just made it part of my schedule that day.  Don't be lazy!  If you didn't vote this time, register and go vote for the presidential election!  I'm sure it will be an unforgettable election year. 
  I believe that despite the dwindling number of votes among young people in this election, there was still a lot of excitement at the polls.  People want change.  Real change.  There were major political issues brought up at the USF Senatorial debate on Oct. 24.  Meek, Rubio, and Crist debated tax cuts, immigration, the economy, foreign policy, etc.  These are all extremely relevant, important issues right now.  I was glad to see their stances of different topics.  It opened my eyes to a lot when I went to vote.
  It was also an exciting election for me because my dad is good friends with Rick Scott.  He attended a few of his governor rallies and celebrated with him after his win this week.  I feel like we have a real connection with our governor, and that could open up doors for me.  Wishful thinking of course..
  I found it interesting how close the race for governor came to be.  Forty-eight percent voted Alex Sink, while 49% voted Rick Scott.  On the news, they said it was the closest governor race in over 100 years.
  On a side note, the political commercials seemed to bash the other candidates less than in previous elections, which was refreshing.  Although, I still got annoyed with the commercials.  It ended on a very "red" note, and hopefully a very positive note as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment